Get to Know the BDSA and BDI Scholars
Troy Taylor, Michigan State University, Lansing, MI
Letter from Troy Taylor II
I am very appreciative of all the opportunities the Bill Dickey Scholarship Association has afforded me.
I competed in the Bill Dickey Invitational (BDI) tournament five times and in 2018, I won the Boy’s Championship. The BDI enabled me to meet great African American golfers and form relationships with them. In golf tournaments you don’t typically see other African Americans and minorities and it was refreshing to meet and compete with others that look like me. The talent was outstanding, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself every year. The invitational also educated me on opportunities within the golf field as well as how college was going to be and gave useful tips on how to navigate through my college years.
Being the recipient of the scholarship has been an honor and a blessing for me. It has helped to offset tuition and is making my dream of graduating from college with a degree in advertising management and communications a reality. I work hard on the course and in class and maintain good grades.
I definitely plan to “pay it forward” when I finish school and help others succeed.
- Ranked #2 in APGA College Ranking as of March 2023 Learn More
- 1st Place at BDI in 2018
- Represented the Bill Dickey Scholarship Association at the PGA Junior Championship in 2015 and 2018 after winning 1st place at BDI in both 2015 and 2018
- Ranked #1 player in Ohio by National Junior Golf Score board for the class of 2018
- Joined Michigan State Golf Team in Fall 2018
- 2017 ranked second place in the AJGA Memorial Tournament
Interested in Sponsoring a Student?
Please fill out the following form and someone will contact you shortly regarding sponsorship of a student.